Calendar events in cooperation with eceee.org
Behavior, Energy & Climate Change Virtual Conference (BECC)
The Behavior, Energy & Climate Change Conference (BECC) is the premier international conference focused on understanding human behavior and decision making and using that knowledge to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon future. Currently, in its 12th year, BECC is associated with a growing set of allied conferences in Europe and Asia.
The BECC Conference is convened by the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE), California Institute for Energy and Environment (CIEE) at U.C. Berkeley, and the Environmental and Energy Policy Analysis Center (SEEPAC) at Stanford University.
BECC draws a broad mix of attendees:
- Researchers (e.g., economics, psychology, sociology, anthropology, management, law, humanities, and interdisciplinary)
- Decision makers (e.g., from federal, state, and local agencies, as well as legislators, and regulators)
- Practitioners (e.g., utilities, planners, consultants, manufacturers, designers, architects, entrepreneurs, marketers, and purchasers)
- Influencers (e.g., community organizers, nonprofit leaders, media, religion, and entertainment professionals)
- Energy service providers (utilities, commercial renewable energy participants and new technology market players)
Behavioral research insights can help:
- Find real energy savings that will benefit the economy, security, and the environment
- Accelerate climate-friendly innovation via appealing, user-focused design, effective management, and fast social diffusion
- Increase the benefits and decrease the costs of energy-oriented policies and programs
- Improve the analytic models that guide our vision for the future
For more information
General contact: email@example.com
Why attend BECC?
Every year we assemble great speakers and provide cutting-edge information: The BECC 2019 program will include more than 40 plenary and topic sessions showcasing over 150 presenters selected through a competitive abstract process or invited by the organizing committee, ensuring state-of-the-art information available in no other forum. There will also be poster presentations, workshops, and hours of networking. Past attendees from many different fields have described BECC as the “most interesting and thought-provoking conference” they have ever attended.
The conference size is limited to 600 participants.
Read more https://beccconference.org/about-becc/
The energy sufficiency library
eceee's energy sufficiency library contains all concept papers, workshop reports and presentations from the Energy Sufficiency project. It also highlights relevant reports from other sources to help you dig deeper and better understand what sufficiency might mean for you and our society.