Columns in cooperation with eceee.org
Andrew Warren is Chairman of the British Energy Efficiency Federation.
He was a former Special Advisor to House of Commons Select Committee on the Environment and has given evidence to many House of Commons and House of Lords Select Committees in the UK and also to inquiries undertaken by the European Parliament. He has spoken at a several hearings called by the European Commission and has spoken in every Member State of the European Union (EU-15) at a variety of conferences on energy and environment issues.
In addition to writing regular monthly columns for several trade publications, he has also contributed articles to many international newspapers such as the Financial Times, The Guardian and The Independent.
Andrew Warren holds or has held the following positions:
- Chair of the British Energy Efficiency Federation
- Chair of the Sustainable Energy Partnership
- Deputy Chair of the Energy Efficiency Partnership for Homes
- Member of the Steering Group for the Sustainable Energy Programme of the Royal Institute for International Affairs
- Member of the CBI’s Energy Policy Committee
- Chairman of the UK Federation of Open Homes Networks
- Honorary President of the UK Association for the Conservation of Energy. He was its founder director between 1981 and 2014.
- Senior Advisor to the European Alliance of Companies for Energy Efficiency in Buildings (EuroACE)
- Chair of the EU Task Group on Sustainable Construction and Energy Efficiency
- Member of the European Climate Change Programme Working Group
- Former member of the European Commission DG TREN Policy Advisory Forum
- Advisor of the European Commission International Demand Side Management Committee
Columns by Andrew Warren
The energy sufficiency library
eceee's energy sufficiency library contains all concept papers, workshop reports and presentations from the Energy Sufficiency project. It also highlights relevant reports from other sources to help you dig deeper and better understand what sufficiency might mean for you and our society.