Calendar events in cooperation with eceee.org
DENEFF Annual-Conference: "Energy Efficiency from around the Globe: Simply Do the Best!"
The Paris Agreement set the finish line. The technologies and solutions to get there are ready but still remain in their starting blocks. Now we just need to start running towards our goal! Good and innovatives examples how energy efficiency is cleverly used can be found from Kapstadt to Kassel, from Shanghai to San Francisco. Which projects and policies are the global frontrunners in saving energy? What can we learn from each another to reach our common goals? How can we make energy efficiency-victories out of our climate targets? Those (among others) are the questions we want to discuss and answer with you at our annual kick-off-conference #jak2019!
Presenters: Volker Angres (ZDF), Nadine Kreutzer (FluxFM)
There will be simultaneous translation
9.00 am: Admittance
9.30 - 9.45 am: Opening of the Conference and Welcome
Carsten Müller, MdB, Chairmen of the Board, DENEFF e. V.
9.45 - 10.00 am: Introduction: Energy Efficiency from around the Globe: Simply do the Best!
Christian Noll, Managing Director, DENEFF e. V.
10.00 - 11.00 am: Policies: The Best from Around the Globe
- Panel Leader: Benoît Lebot, Exekutive Director, G20-IPEEC
- Prof. Dr. Martin Kumar Patel, Chairholder for Energy Efficiency, Université de Genève, Switzerland
- Sang Jing, Executive Director, Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, China
- Kofi Agyarko, Director Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency & Climate Change, Energy Commission, Ghana
11.00 - 11.30 am: Coffee Break
11.30- 12.00 am: Political Keynote
Federal Minister Svenja Schulze, BMU
12.00 - 12-30 pm: Welcome Address
Parliamentary Undersecretary Thomas Bareiß, MdB
12.30 – 14.00 pm: Lunch Break & Networking
14.00 - 15.00 pm: Use-Cases: The Best from Around the Globe
- Panel Leader: Laura Van Wie McGrory, Vice President, International Institute for Energy Conservation and Alliance To Save Energy
- Robert Feldmann, Senior Expert Operations, McKinsey & Company, Inc, USA
- Umesh Bhutoria, Founder & CEO, EnergyTech Ventures, India.
- Alain Crouy, Member of the Board, DORéMI, France
15.00 – 16.30 pm: Elevator-Pitches for the PERPETUUM 2019 Energy Efficiency Award
With 10 short presentations by the Finalists
16.30 – 17.00 pm: The Best from Around the Globe: What we can learn from each other
Prof. Dr. Peter Hennicke, Former President, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment, Energy
17.00 – 17.30 pm: Interactive Cofee Break: PERPETUUM 2019 Energy Efficiency Award Gallery Walk
17.30 – 18.00 pm: Political Closing Words
Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, Party Leader, CDU
18.00 – 18.30 pm: Digitization from around the Globe: EnergyEfficiencyHack 2019
Interview with the Challenge-Partners and Winner Team of the EnergyEfficiencyHack 2019
18.30 – 19.00 pm: Award Ceremony PERPETUUM 2019 Energy Efficiency Award
Read more https://www.jak2019.de/en/
The energy sufficiency library
eceee's energy sufficiency library contains all concept papers, workshop reports and presentations from the Energy Sufficiency project. It also highlights relevant reports from other sources to help you dig deeper and better understand what sufficiency might mean for you and our society.